The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting January 11 2017

Everything has got rather behind this week but I did take the midweek meeting on Wednesday, when a handful of us gathered for prayer and Bible study. I had thought about beginning a new series but I ended up being out much of the day and so I went back to Psalm 124, the fifth of the fifteen Songs of Ascent which we made a start on towards the end of last year. I was quite brief (no-one complained about that) and we finished a little earlier than unusual. We ended with a time of prayer when everyone took their opportunity to pray.

No comments: