The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting January 18 2016

I forgot to put up a note about our last midweek meeting. Numbers are quite low at present (seven I think we were last Wednesday). I am carrying on through the Songs of Ascent (Psalm 125 it was last time) which are quite short s I am being quite brief. At least this leaves adequate time for prayer, although that is briefer with so few there. I took my title this time from the new book by Steve Nicholls "A time for confidence". My points were  - 1. Be confident and believe this promise of strength and safety for all who trust in the Lord 2. Be confident and believe this promise of escape for the oppressed people of God 3. Be confident and believe this promise of good for all who do good and are upright in heart

No comments: