The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 29 2018


It seemed ages since I had preached in Childs Hill having been away last week and at the Banner Conference since then. We had a very good turn out yesterday morning and not too bad a one yesterday evening. Some were missing due to colds and others for unknown reasons. Once again I took two texts. Again they were texts I have never preached on for some reason. In the morning we went to Jeremiah 23:5, 6 and in the evening to Genesis 6:5. I think things went quite well. I also felt some freshness in prayer for once.

No comments: