The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day January 20 2019


Bit behind here. One encouraging thing Sunday was that most people were there at the beginning - always a good thing. There is a local character who sometimes attends and sometimes will attempt a dialogue with me from the doorway in. This time (something that has never happened before) he attempted this while I was praying - not ideal. We went back to our studies in Acts and Matthew today. Again the evening sermon, I felt, was inferior - not sure how it happened. We had communion in the evening. We weren't many at all.

No comments: