The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day October 20 2019


It was an unusual day today in that being half term this coming week a lot of people were away including both of my two deacons and my wife and son, etc. We were a decent number in the morning, however, with several recent attendees present and one of those missing for some time back at last. I preached on Acts 25 - not an easy passage to preach but I hope we got somewhere with it. Only one child present when I did the children's talk, though there were two more later. In the evening we were only five for communion and then eight in the meeting, where we looked at the darkness at noon on the cross. 

No comments: