The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day December 21 2020


We got to the real heart of the Christmas story yesterday with sermons on Luke 2:1-7 and Luke 2:8-20. In the morning we were in the chapel and with a fair turn out (except for our Nigerian friends for some unknown reason). The man I think I have referred to as a local character in the past was there once again, sat in the front row with his ginormous lockdown beard. For the first time ever he sat through the whole sermon. I tend to feel that f you can get them to listen you're part way there. We will see. It was just zoom in the evening. We had a good time again.

No comments: