The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting January 13 2021


On zoom again on Wednesday last. We must have been getting on for 25 I guess. We looked at 1 Chronicles 17:1-15. I didn't want to get to heavily into covenants and so avoided that route but then somehow got on to the unforgiveable sin and via that to suicide. I'm not sure how that happened. I don't think my congregation is unusual in having, in some cases, a poor understanding of forgiveness but I really need to work harder at making it clearer. we had a good time of prayer also.

No comments: