The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day January 17 2021




It was disappointing to be such low numbers once again last Lord's Day, especially as there were two unbelievers I had hoped would be present who were not. At least there were about 27 on zoom. I started a new series on meditation which really grows out of the post I blogged a little while ago 10 things to meditate on as suggested by Puritan George Swinnock. In the evening it was zoom only and we looked at the temptation of Christ. We were a decent number but less than in the morning.

No comments: