The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 18 2021

 


We were in chapel in the morning and I started on a short new series that I have never attempted to cover before - Faith, Hope and Love. I've never hears such a series even though it is such an obvious thing to do, Anyway, I started this last Lords Day with faith looking at that long chapter Hebrews 11. Numbers were poor but people listened well. One of my deacons also spoke to the children on Luther and the Diet of Worms. In the evening it was zoom only as we carried on in Luke 6.

No comments: