The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 11 2021


Way behind with this - I've had a bad cold. Anyway from time to time I preach topically and with the death of the Prince of Edinburgh on April 8, it seemed obvious to say something in light of that. Hebrews 9:27 came strongly to mind (why did he die, what happened next and lessons). I was in two minds but thought it right to go ahead and glad I did. (If you want to hear the sermon you can find it here and if you want to read it, it is here). In the evening it was zoom only again. We went on in Luke 6, beginning the so called Sermon on the Plain So back to basics  but from Luke and so there is a freshness that one doesn't get in the same way with Matthew and the Sermon on the Mount.

No comments: