The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

An Answer to Prayer


When I returned from the Banner of Truth Ministers Conference I heard that several had contracted covid and so I tested myself but was negative and so preached last Sunday. However, I did have a cold and so I tested again last Monday and was positive. So I went to bed with my father-in-law's new autobiography and missed the Westminster Conference committee but zoomed for the midweek meeting and an Evangelical Library committee I had. Anyway by today I am negative again and so have avoided (I hope) having to implement our contingency plan - using an audio recording. My wife and son have remained negative. I think this is a real answer to prayer and has greatly encouraged me. This is the second time I have had covid. These are strange and difficult times.

No comments: