The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 19 2022


With one thing another it's been a while since I had a regular day off. Anyway, I did some walking and some reading and TV watching and one or two must do things. Had a nice day. The reading was a book on Constable. Everybody seems to love Turner these days but Constable was a fine artist and has a lot to be said in his favour. I also read most of Sharon James' excellent little book on gender, kindly passed on to me by Mike Iliffe. Also watched some recorded Everybody loves Raymond on TV.

No comments: