The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 39 2022


I spent much of the day last Tuesday reading a book on London parks by Hunter Daviees that I picked up half price the day before. In the afternoon I watched a 1957 desert island romantic comedy The Admirable Cirichton starring Kenneth Moore. Rather dated now it was an interesting watch much of the time. I then headed to Acton Central where my wife collected me. We had been invited for a meal out with my esteemed father-in-law and his wife. Three out of the four of us (not me) celebrate birthdays in September and October so it was a good excuse to celebrate. Lovely meal.

No comments: