The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 41 2022


Last week I took my day off on Saturday as we were all down in Cardiff for the second birthday of my grandson Gruff. We travelled down on Friday and stayed with my son Dyland and bis wife Cat. On Saturday we had a little celebration at my sister-in-law's house for Eleri's dad, fresh back from America, and 84 years old on the day. He's not 100% but isokay for a man of that age. The main event was in the church, a party mainly for Gruff who had turnned two earlier in the week. People from both Dylan and Cat's family were there (loads of kids) including my sister. We had a great time. We then had chips nefore heading back home, arriving around 10 pm.

No comments: