The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 30 2023



The main thing on my day off this week was going down to the aquarium in central London, Sea Life. We went by tube, getting off at Waterloo. It's a while since I've been to the aquarium and there were new things to see. It's expensive but Tesco vouchers help. We went with my third son and his family. Their youngest is too young to enjoy it properly but their two year old thought it was great, as did the rest of us. We briefly met a boy working there from Carmarthen, a Welsh speaker. We wandered north then to Leiceser Square. I came home for the dog. The rest of the day was spent mostly reading. I've been catching up on my Banner mags. The penguins are Gentoos.

No comments: