The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 6 2024


Tuesday was taken up with some traditional activites such as reading about art, buying cheese, having coffee, etc. I spent a while in West Hampstead (browsing the charity shops, reading in the library, having lunch in Chipotle). The art book I read was the one in the Parragon series on The Impressionists. I alos read more of the books I mentioned last week. The cheese I wanted (stinking bishop) was not in West Hampstead but I was able to get it in Hampstead. Had a nice chat with my sister on the 'phone there. Eleri out all day and evening. In the evening, I watched the film Maestro about Leonard Bernstein. Like so many geniuses he was rather self-centred and hard to live with and not someone you would want to know. Felt rather ill towards the end of the day, my sinuses I would guess (it felt like toothache).

No comments: