The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

One Love


May be biopic (I said bi-opic for years but it shoud be bio-pic, of course) is my favourite genre of movie. I've seen three in the last little while (Maestro, One Life, One Love). I saw One Love in the cinema last week and really enjoyed it. Critics have been divided but I thought it did what it set out to do. How accurate it was I don't know. What I noticed was how brief Marley's life was (he died at 36) and how idealistic he was. Rastafarian beliefs really hold no water but I woould guess Christians come across like that to some. In the end it was great music that put Bob Marley so high in people's estimation. What his impact was otherwise it is hard to say.

No comments: