The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 21 2024


Cetric O

Pastor Naphtally Ogallo



Yesterday I was still in Eldoret and so worshipped at the church where the APC was and where I have been staying, the church founded and pastored by Naphtally Ogallo. He nad his wife Helida have been so very welcoming. There are three main services in the church on Sundays. Joshua Bolaji led the interactive adult Sunday School on Psalm 32 and then in the main service I preached from Deuteronomy 33:27. I hope it was a blessing. In the final session our friend Cetric from Nairobi preached helpfully from John 1:1-18.

No comments: