The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 14 2024



Another good day yesterday. In the morning we carried on in the Sermon on the Mount. We then had lunch together, always nice. In the evening we were not quite double figures as we looked at another famous verse - Jeremiah 29:11. A ladt who came the other week after a ling time not coming to church came again with her grown up daughter. That was encouraging. One Iranian family was not there as they are desperately seeking accommodation as having obtained asylum they now have to leave the hotel. Others simply wait. Not easy. My assistant Eddie helped me this morning pointing out that Christ is the ultimate one who turns the other cheek, goes the second mle, etc. I really should have been on to that mhyself. Maybe I'm getting a bit lethargic
.

No comments: