The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 42


This week's day off was a little different in two ways. Firstly, in that I decided to do some intentional walking. This will be part of my weekly routine from now on I hope. I caught the bus and train to Gospel Oak and walked back to Kenwood House, where I had a coffee then headed home. Also, it was different in that in the evening we were celebrating my esteemed father-in-law's 86th birthday. We had a Chinese take-away and then went to hear Jonathan Thomas at the London Seminary. More on that anon. The rest of my time was mainly taken up with reading a fascinating Magnus Magnusson book on fakers and frauds which I recently found on my bookshelves. More on that too some time.

No comments: