The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

10 Things found in a drawer (7, 8)

 

On the right is a Bibel that belonged to my dad oresented to him when he was 11. My grandfather was a Roman Catholic but my grandmother was something of a Baptist and so my dad was sent to the nearby Sunday School. This was the first Bible I used when I was converted at the age of 12 in mys own nearby Baptist Church. On the left is an abandoned box containing various cards that I have used in the past in order to try to memorise Scripture.

No comments: