The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Halloween


A young person asked me recently what I thought of Halloween and should Christians celebrate it. My answer sounded a little waffly.

My cheeky son said to me 'surely it is an evil thing that no Christian should be involved in'. 'Well, no', I said, shiftily. 'Well that's what I read on a leaflet I found at church', he replied. I don't know if he was telling the truth about that.

It is difficult. I thought this was a fair satirical comment on the subject over at Tominthebox here. (Excuse his typo).

2 comments:

Alan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MBA Reviews said...

https://mba.reviews/