The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Stone skipping record


I heard this man on the radio recently. Russell Byars' feat happened July 19. He estimated his stone travelled about 250 feet (76 meters). On the radio he set he only went into his first competition because his wife wanted him to win her a prize.
Before declaring him a record holder, Guinness World Records experts analysed film of his toss, checking the concentric circles in the water by each skip.
"I actually threw 40 stones that day, but that was the first skip that I threw," Byars told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper, which confirmed the record with Guinness officials.

No comments: