The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Baner Dewi Sant

I noticed in Wales this summer that the above flag is becoming quite popular. I didn't know what it was at first but on enquiry I discover that it is the flag of St David (see here). Some are proposing that the national flag be as below.

2 comments:

Jonathan Hunt said...

Not sure about the second one, it makes the cross look odd. Perhaps a slightly smaller dragon inside a black box so that the yellow cross is still clearly defined. Or move the dragon to the middle.

Alan said...

I think the point people make is rather to get rid of the dragon altogether. Some folks believe that the adoption of the emblem of Satan as the national flag of Wales is a major hindrance to revival.