The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

JOC Calvin Extra

One of the nice things about conferences is the opportunity for informal fellowship. It was nice to speak to various people there, including some who visit the blog here from time to time. I guess I know around 60% of the people so a few strangers. It was nice to see the Evesons again and others. I had a nice chat with two fellows from Malta I'd not met before. From this church I believe. It was also nice to see Gavin Peacock too, mentioned here a little while back - see here. He is to study in LTS I understand. I saw he was sat next to Jeremy Walker (brother to Dan) in the evening. I wonder if they chatted.

No comments: