The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

I beat the brains

So, yesterday on the Radio 4 programme Brain of Britain the contestants tackled my questions. They got one wrong and one right and according to the rules that means I win. So I'm looking forward to a book token courtesy of the BBC shortly. You can hear it here. My bit is about 12 minutes in.

2 comments:

Jonathan Hunt said...

Ha! Well done. I didn't know the first one either.

Andrew Murray said...

Nice for you to get a round of applause - doesn't happen very often, I imagine!