The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Past Diary Jan 07 1974

I was up at 5.50 to read the next bit in Matthew then go off on my paper round. I got back at 7.50 and had a bath. After tidying my room (I was quite neat as a boy) I headed off to school (late start as it was a new term). That didn't go too well it seems. After a week of having nothing to do and not being with unbelievers I suddenly came back to reality and didn't like it. I watched TV all evening which didn't help either and headed tio bed at 10 rather fed up with it all. I like this very seventies line "After school, I went to hear my friend Gwilym's cassette recorder adn returned home at 5.15 pm."

No comments: