The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Aberystwyth

Just back from Aber after taking Rhodri and Sibyl there yesterday. Had a nice time with them and with Geoff and Iola who gave us all a very nice meal. Listened to tapes of the Beatles en route - The Anthology albums. Interesting. 
I've done this before - as I'm driving back I think "and I didn't see the sea!" Oops. Must make sure I see it next time.

2 comments:

Tim Mills said...

Gary!

Had to comment on the wall. I've spent so many hours playing football there. I know all those stones. We used to call it the vets. Are the vets still there?

Blessings

Tim

Gary Brady said...

Good to hear from you Tim. Long time, no see. The sign for the vets is still there. I wanted an Aber picture (didn't take any myself) so googled Y Buarth Aberystwyth and got this. It means a lot to me and I've never kicked a ball at it so for you .... We used trees back home. They don't look the same as then. Like me their girth has increased.