The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day February 22 2015


We started the day with the second Bitesize Theology looking at the Holy Spirit. There were a few less than last week but it has been half term and it is still February. Numbers were down generally during the day for various reasons. I preached again from Ezra in the morning (on Ezra 6:13-20) encouraging us to press on. Sihle spoke to the children (on adoption) and read the Scriptures. We had 7 or 8 20-30s around for lunch. In the evening I preached from the Sermon on the Mount and about plucking out the right eye. Just before I was to preach I realised I had not downloaded my sermon on to my kindle so I had to send my son home to get it. I did the intro from memory. I'm not sure how much further I would have got. I should have checked earlier.

No comments: