The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting February 18 2015

Over these three weeks I have an LTS student with me on placement. Sihle Xulu is from South Africa. In the morning we went to the fortnightly meeting I take in nearby sheltered accommodation. In the evening he gave the message at our midweek meeting. He spoke from Numbers 11 on the danger of grumbling (which followed on from what had done in Philippians last week). We had our usual prayer time after the message. We were 11 altogether, some being away over half term.

No comments: