The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Retro album of the week 7 - Long Player, Late Bloomer

Long Player, Late Bloomer by Ron Sexsmith came out in 2011. I was vaguely aware of Sexsmith and then sat down to watch a documentary on the making of the album (Love Shines) which really drew me somehow. Any way I bought it and really enjoyed it, though it didn't lead me to go through the previous 11 albums he has produced or the subsequent album of 2013. The album is notable for being produced by heavy metal producer Bob Rock, best known for his work with Mötley Crüe and Metallica (not like Sexsmith at all). It spent a total of three weeks in the UK official album chart, peaking at no. 48. Believe it when I see it is my favourite track but I like the whole album. The use of auto tune is a debatable asset. He was recommended to use it by fellow Canadian Michael Bublé.

No comments: