The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting March 25 2015

Nearly forgot this, so busy. As we've come to the end of Philippians 2 and we're coming into the holiday period I thought I'd do something else. I plan to preach from 1 Peter 2:7 at the Banner and so I thought I'd explore the text probably over two or three weeks. So on Wednesday we made a start taking just five headings under which to place reasons for counting Christ precious. There is a helpful book on the subject by the 18th century Baptist John Fawcett. See here.

No comments: