The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Banner Conference 2019 Sessions (3 &) 4 Ted Donnelly


For some reason the first session of the Tuesday of the conference is not available on Youtube. Lindsay Brown spoke on mission (very good one of my sons told me) and I guess he mentioned things that are happening in certain places that are deemed too sensitive.to be available for all and sundry. (If Banner or anyone else can send me a video or audio I promise not to divulge anything sensisitive). I'll pay of needs be.
The second session was on the first half of Romans 8, a passage abundant in its references to the Holy Spirit. The speaker was Irishman Ted Donnelly. In an excellent message he spoke of four things - the freedom which the Spirit brings, the control which the Spirit exercises, the obligation which the Spirit imposes and the assurance which the Spirt confers.

No comments: