The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Chocolate Orange


I came across some facts recently about the Terry's Chocolate Orange. I was surprised to learn it first appeared in the 1920s. Apparently there was a Chocolate Apple originally but they stopped making it in 1984. They did try a Chocolate Lemon 1979-1981 (don't remember that). I'm sure I saw somewhere that something like one in every ten Christmas stockings contains a Chocolate Orange. More details here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does a Terry's Orange count as one of your 5 pieces of fruit?!