The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Musically mixed


Yesterday was a day of disappointment and joy on the musical front. I had planned to see Focus live in Aberystwyth tomorrow night (with The Strawbs and Wishbone Ash) but the show has been cancelled (lack of ticket sales I would guess or may be someone just wised up to the fact that West Wales was not the place to be between gigs in Newcastle and Folkestone!). Ah well, perhaps I can catch them elsewhere.

The latest Julie Fowlis album Uam, ordered weeks ago, finally arrived in the post. A fine piece of work it is too. Intro below.

No comments: