The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

London Welsh 2


We were among the 1,650 down at Old Deer Park this afternoon watching the rugby (not something I've ever done before, I confess). Yr Ysgol Gymraeg Llundain were singing before the game between London Welsh and Llanelli. Owain, my youngest, had the privilege of being one of the mascots who ran on with the team through the phalanx of Welsh guards and officials present. I've never seen a mascot in long trousers before (nor Welsh costume). We did leave before the end but not before we had seen all 30 points scored - a win for the Welsh but not enough to make progress in the cup certain despite a lot of pressure. Full report here.

No comments: