The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Expensive area?


An article here reveals that the borough in which I live (Barnet) boasts five of the country's most exclusive streets. Mouseprice street rankings make Ingram Avenue (Hampstead Garden Suburb) second most expensive in the country (average house price c £6 M). Nearby Winnington Road is sixth (average house price c £5.4 M) and Bishops Avenue is 16th (a mere £4.75 average). Third in the UK is Courtenay Avenue, which actually falls into Haringey. All three are situated between Highgate and Hampstead golf courses, which according to Mouseprice makes it “one of the most exclusive places to live in the country”.
Of most interest to us in Childs Hill are Eden Close and Elm Walk, "which border leafy Hampstead Heath in Childs Hill" eighth and 11th respectively (with average prices £4.9-5.1 M). I hasten to add that nearby are flats at £175-185 K or £195 K for two bedrooms - still not cheap but indicative of the variations in the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

May name is Matthew Blair and I have recently launched octaviuswinslow.org

I have been desperately trying to get in touch with you to speak with you regarding the information you obtained here on your blog regarding Winslow.

If you can, please email me at matthewblair1@gmail.com I have a few questions I would love to ask you!

Matthew Blair