The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

British Library


I was in the King's Cross area on Friday (I'd been up to Welwyn to give my first lecture to the EMF students on heresy and the cults - nice lot, mainly Hungarian speaking) and so I decided to pop into The British Library. It's something I have often intended to do but haven't got round to. I was staggered to see that 12 years have elapsed since the new building went up. Where does the time go? There's so much in London. Nice atmosphere there with loads of people busy on their laptops. Found a nice remainder bookshop opposite selling books at £2 (what they should be?). There's a book there I want to read that I have never seen elsewhere.

1 comment:

Jonathan Hunt said...

went there not so long ago. I absolutely love the King's Library (in your photo). Simply stunning and has to be seen in the flesh, so to speak.