The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Busy Golders Green 2

I was in Golders Green on Monday when who should come past but Gordon Brown - that's who I think it was anyway (it's his official car). I was in Childs Hill one day some years ago and, quite unexpectedly, the Queen came past. Ah, London life.

2 comments:

Robert said...

No doubt for Michael Foot's funeral - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8568982.stm

Gary Brady said...

That makes sense. I was wondering. Thanks.