The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

My Joseph Jacket

When I was a young man I bought a many coloured jacket made by Grafton-Manquest from a shop in Newport called Clobber.
I saw Pete townshend wearing one once. I also bumped into a girl wearing trousers made from the same amterial on one occasion.
I loved that jacket and have kept it ever since, always hoping that some else could enjoy it as much as I did.
Well, here is one of my sons doing just that the other night at a school bands evening.

No comments: