The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting December 2 2015

We carried on with our brief series yesterday on the Three Rs - Revelation, Redemption and Regeneration - looking at redemption, along with reconciliation, substitution, propitiation and justification. I was keen to cover all five subjects in one go and felt I could as the twelve people there would all have come across these terms before but may be a slower approach would have helped. The prayer time was okay - covering everything from Dobbie the cat to the war in Syria! There were a few missing, which was a pity. I'd been under the weather all day but I was keen to be there and glad I went.

No comments: