The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

More from South Africa

I do hope to give a full report in this trip to South Africa when I get back to London. Meanwhile, I am currently based in Queenstown where I have been speaking at an APC (African Pastor's Conference). The two days went well with good attendance, good messages and a good question time. I am preaching in the Baptist Church tomorrow. We then head off to Bloemfontein for the final APC I'm doing here on Tuesday, Wednesday. The previous conferences were in Estcourt (one day) followed by preaching in Mooi River and East London (three days) where the numbers dipped a bit. Picture shows me with Sihle Xulu and a man who has just received his certificate at Estcourt.

No comments: