The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Hacked


Google have been in touch with me today about the blog and apparently I've been hacked. For the last 12 months every time anyone accesses this blog their microphone is immediately activated. I am sorry this has happened. Apparently it is not that unusual.
Google have sent me some of the recordings the hacker captured and to be honest it is a bit embarrassing. Some of you I can hear saying the harshest things. "Oh no, another one of those videos from Youtube" I caught someone saying. Another was unkind enough to wonder aloud whether I was on some sort of drug. There seem to be a lot of "where does he find the time?" and "does he think that's funny?".
Google reckon they can sort the problem out but meanwhile, for my sake, if you have anything harsh to say when looking at the blog try not to say it out loud.

No comments: