The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day April 2 2017


It was quite sunny on Sunday. We began, as we do at the beginning of the month, with communion. We had a large congregation in the morning (we ran out of Bibles again must get more) and a decent one later at 6.30 pm. Our Iranians were back, four of them anyway, and several others but there were still some missing (Iranians and others). There were two new ladies in the morning, one from Colombia and one who had gone before the end.  In the morning I dragged them all out for a photo outside. I preached on the final part of Acts 2. I had multiple points disguised as five main points. In the evening we had another go at 1 Peter 2:7, which went okay. My father-in-law turned up in the evening, so I had my son and father-in-law there.

No comments: