The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day August 12 2018



I was at home again yesterday. The evening meeting must have been our smallest meeting this year, with only six people (seven by the end) present. (Amazingly, that included a lovely Muslim we have met recently). It was much better in the morning with nearly 30 there. If only we had less oncers. I had chosn well known hymns, which helped us, and I stuck to preaching texts. I had never taken John 3:3 before and was glad to be preaching it in the morning with several unbelievers present.The other text worked out well too. A couple frm church kindly invited me to lunch. Tha was lovely.

No comments: