The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day August 26 2018


I was really looking forward to being back in Childs hill on the Lord's Day and to some extent I was not disappointed. We still have several away on holiday and others were missing too. However, our morning numbers were swollen with visitors which helped. It was nice to have a family back who were with us some years ago (it was good to have Ian and family back for lunch - he was my assistant for one brief spell in the noughties) and members of another family that we know of if we do not know. I preached on Luke 15:1, 2 in the morning. This will probably begin a series on Luke 15. In the evening I preached on 1 Peter 4:3 a text that has been buzzing round my head a lot recently for some reason. We were few in the evening but not too bad.

1 comment:

MIsty said...

Great to be with the folk at Childs Hill again. Praising God for His faithfulness to you all.