The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day June 20 2019


We were a good number once again this last Sunday. I decided to look at two proverbs because Proverbs was on my mind, although I don't think that made much difference. We looked at Proverbs 18:10 in the morning, on Chriist the strong tower to to run to and then at the fact a righteous man may fall five times and yet he rises again. There are many in the church or connected with it facing troubles at this time. I hope this was a help. There was a new lady present and another turned up after the morning service was over. I hpe she comes next week.

No comments: