The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting August 12 2020

Last Wednesday was a first as I led the Midweek Meeting even though I was in Aber. I could do it, of course, because we were on Zoom. We carried on with Romans 8:28 and more on how the worst things work for the good of believers. We just stuck to Thomas Watson's point about desertions being for our good. That was a better amount of material to try and handle. We had a good time of prayer too, although people were a little slow to get going. (I watched most of the Aberlite beforehand as that started at 7 pm an we started at 8 pm).

No comments: