The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Lord's Day August 9 2020


We followed the new now regular pattern of a live service at the chapel in the morning and a zoom meeting in the evening. In the morning we all had to wear masks although I was free to remove mine for the reading, preaching and prayer. It meant we could sing out at least (I think that must be right) although they are rather sweaty items. We were around 15 in the morning with six on zoom. A new man was there, an Iranian. It was nice to meet him. As none of my family were around a couple invited me for lunch which was very nice. The evening went off okay. I chose texts morning and evening - Romans 5:1, 2 and Revelation 14:13. These are not easy days but we are pressing on.

No comments: