The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Day Off Week 38 2020

It's been very warm this week. I didn't really take advantage of it on my day off but was in most of the time and it was only after being out later that I changed into shorts ( a rare thing with me). I'd been to Brent Cross to get a few pressies for Eleri whose birthday was this week. Otherwise I finished that little painting I was working on, watched TV (including the second in the drama series Des). There were one or two things I had to get done pastorally and there was a meeting in the evening with the other church officers on zoom. Technically I suppose I shouldn't on my day off but seeing as they are doing it in their spare time it is more like that for me if I spare some of day off for that. I did get a little reading done too but not much. (Note to self - Are you watching too much TV at the moment?).

No comments: